The Harken Fleece Softshell Jacket with Hood is a breathable mid-weight layer designed for a range of sailing styles, climates, and personal tastes. Its three-layer hybrid membrane is comfortable and dries quickly. Soft inner fleece lining regulates body temperature and moisture to keep you warm without overheating. The outer layer’s durable three-way stretch fabric is waterproof and blocks biting wind, but still allows the jacket to breathe. A stowable squall hood helps keep out the spray and the rain.
“We took the new Softshell to the next level and made this the jacket you’ll want to take everywhere,” says Sailing Gear Development Manager Heidi Harken. “The hood and a longer cut help you stay dry and ready to go no matter what the conditions are. You’ll also notice a lot of little details we worked on in this garment, such as the no-snag cuff closures and sew-free hand and chest pockets.”
Other features include fully taped seams, adjustable wrist cuffs and hem, and weather-resistant zippers. The 10X Durable Water Repellent coating (DWR) lasts twice as long and is twice as effective as standard 5X DWR treatments in rain and spray.
Harken Men's Softshell Jacket
- Waterproof (WP 5,000 mm), breathable (MP 5,000 g/m2),windproof.
- Abrasion resistant.
- Taped seams with new technology on the fleece side.
- Durable Water-Repellant (DWR) treatment (not coating).
- Stretch fabric for mobility.
- Temperature-regulated fleece insulation with air pockets.
- Stitch-free hand pockets, chest pocket, and zippers.
- Adjustable hem and wrist cuffs.
- Long length and dropped rear hem.
- Weather-resistant zippers with zipper garages
- Adjustable cuffs.
- YKK zippers..
- 20X DWR-coated membrane repels water.